- 1.1 Collection of Information
- 1.2 How do we use this information?
- 1.3 How is your information shared?
- 1.4 How We Protect Your Information
- 1.5 Children’s Information
- 1.6 Links to Other Websites
- 1.7 Information for EU and Swiss Residents
- 1.8 California Privacy Rights
- 1.9 Access/Correct/Update/Delete Personal Information
- 1.11 Contacting JD Supra
- 2 JD Supra Cookie Guide
Updated : Dec 28, 2021 :
JD Supra is a legal print service that connects experts and their content with broader audiences of professionals, journalists and associations .
Please eminence that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under the “ My Account “ splashboard ( available if you are logged into your JD Supra account ) .
Collection of Information
registration Information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as an generator or as a subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra report ( “ Registration Data ” ), such as your :
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Company Industry
other information : We besides collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include capacity you provide for issue. We may besides receive your communications with others through our Website and Services ( such as contacting an author through our Website ) or communications directly with us ( such as through electronic mail, feedback or other forms or sociable media ). If you are a pledge user, we will besides collect your exploiter preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read .
information from third base parties ( such as, from your employer or LinkedIn ) : We may besides receive information about you from third party sources. For exemplar, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we besides collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile .
How do we use this information?
We use the data and datum we collect chiefly in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to :
- Operate our Website and Services and publish content;
- Distribute content to you in accordance with your preferences as well as to provide other notifications to you (for example, updates about our policies and terms);
- Measure readership and usage of the Website and Services;
- Communicate with you regarding your questions and requests;
- Authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct research and similar activities to improve our Website and Services; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights.
- Content and other public information (such as an author profile) is shared on our Website and Services, including via email digests and social media feeds, and is accessible to the general public.
- If you choose to use our Website and Services to communicate directly with a company or individual, such communication may be shared accordingly.
- Readership information is provided to publishing law firms and companies and authors of content to give them insight into their readership and to help them to improve their content.
- Your information may also be shared to parties who support our business, such as professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers and other information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.
How We Protect Your Information
JD Supra takes fair and appropriate precautions to insure that drug user data is protected from loss, misapply and unauthorized access, disclosure, revision and destruction. We restrict access to user data to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their speculate functions, such as our third base party e-mail service, customer serve personnel and technical staff. You should keep in judgment that no Internet transmission is always 100 % fasten or error-free. Where you use log in credentials ( usernames, passwords ) on our Website, please remember that it is your duty to safeguard them. If you believe that your log in credentials have been compromised, please contact us at privacy @ jdsupra.com .
Our Website and Services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases .
Links to Other Websites
Our Website and Services may contain links to other websites. The operators of such other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our Website or Services and click a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use of and activeness on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the data collection and habit practices of such other sites. This policy applies entirely to the information collected in connection with your consumption of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with any other websites .
Information for EU and Swiss Residents
JD Supra ‘s star set of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our web site, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States .
- Your Rights
- Right of Access/Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we hold about you and how that information has been used and disclosed. Note that we may request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You may ask that we make corrections to any information we hold, if you believe such correction to be necessary.
- Right to Restrict Our Processing or Erasure of Information: You also have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to erase your personal information. Where you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at privacy @ jdsupra.com or by writing to us at :
JD Supra, LLC
150 Harbor Drive, #2760
Sausalito, CA 94965
You can besides manage your visibility and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the “ My Account “ dashboard .
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for exemplar, if applicable law prohibits our complaisance. Please note that JD Supra does not use “ automatic decisiveness make ” or “ profiling ” as those terms are defined in the GDPR .
- Onward Transfer to Third Parties: As noted in the “How We Share Your Data” Section above, JD Supra may share your information with third parties. When JD Supra discloses your personal information to third parties, we have ensured that such third parties have either certified under the EU-U.S. or Swiss Privacy Shield Framework and will process all personal data received from EU member states/Switzerland in reliance on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework or that they have been subjected to strict contractual provisions in their contract with us to guarantee an adequate level of data protection for your data.
California Privacy Rights
pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their calculate marketing purposes .
You can make a request for this information by emailing us at privacy @ jdsupra.com or by writing to us at :
JD Supra, LLC
150 Harbor Drive, #2760
Sausalito, CA 94965
Some browsers have incorporated a Do not Track ( DNT ) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the web site you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your on-line searching and crop activities. As there is not even a coarse sympathy on how to interpret the DNT sign, we presently do not respond to DNT signals on our web site.
Read more: The Keys to a Good Investment Experience
Access/Correct/Update/Delete Personal Information
For non-EU/Swiss residents, if you would like to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to privacy @ jdsupra.com. We will be in contact with you ( by mail or otherwise ) to verify your identity and provide you the data you request. We will respond within 30 days to your request for access to your personal data. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do therefore and why. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the “ My Account “ splashboard. If you would like to delete your account or remove your data from our Website and Services, send an e-mail to privacy @ jdsupra.com .
Contacting JD Supra
JD Supra Cookie Guide
As with many websites, JD Supra ‘s web site ( located at www.jdsupra.com ) ( our “ Website ” ) and our services ( such as our electronic mail article digests ) ( our “ Services ” ) use a standard engineering called a “ cookie ” and other similar technologies ( such as, pixels and network beacons ), which are minor data files that are transferred to your calculator when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services .
- Improve the user experience on our Website and Services;
- Store the authorization token that users receive when they login to the private areas of our Website. This token is specific to a user’s login session and requires a valid username and password to obtain. It is required to access the user’s profile information, subscriptions, and analytics;
- Track anonymous site usage; and
- Permit connectivity with social media networks to permit content sharing.
There are different types of cookies and early technologies used our Website, notably :
- ” seance cookies” – These cookies only last as long as your online session, and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- ” haunting cookies” – These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- ” Web Beacons/Pixels” – Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or email and typically work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited a web page or acted upon one of our email digests.
JD Supra Cookies. We place our own cookies on your calculator to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For case, we place a school term cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your subscriber report. In accession, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you future visit ( even if those URLs are not on our Website ). We besides utilize electronic mail network beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We besides use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them penetration into their readership and help them to improve their capacity, so that it is most utilitarian for our users .
Analytics/Performance Cookies. JD Supra besides uses the follow analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services angstrom well as how visitors use our Website and Services :
- HubSpot – For more information about HubSpot cookies, please visit legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- New Relic – For more information on New Relic cookies, please visit www.newrelic.com/privacy.
- Google Analytics – For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our contentedness pages allow you to share capacity appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the “ Like, ” “ Tweet, ” or exchangeable buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social net bill and therefore such sociable networks could besides know that you are viewing the JD Supra Website .
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
Read more: Reed Bender seeks jury trial for trespassing charge stemming from Mitchell School Board mask incident
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser ‘s “ Help ” function or alternatively, you can visit hypertext transfer protocol : //www.aboutcookies.org which explains, bit-by-bit, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers .
Updates to This Policy
Contacting JD Supra
Category : Investment experience