MBA Finance is a two-year postgraduate degree for students who want to work in Finance. Admissions to top MBA colleges in India are currently open for MBA in Finance. National or state-level entrance tests, such as the CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, and others, determine admission to the MBA in Finance program.
An overview of MBA (Finance)
A Master of Business Administration in Finance is a two-year professional management degree. It is a subset of the regular MBA program. MBA Finance students learn about the financial world, market trends, economic developments, and so forth. Candidates who complete the MBA Finance program can work as Investment Bankers, Financial Analysts, Account Managers, Bank Managers, Research Analysts, and various other positions. An MBA in Finance graduate may expect to earn between INR 5-8 LPA on average.
To pursue this degree, candidates must have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% grades and passed the requisite admission test. MBA Finance Admission 2021 is solely based on an admission exam administered by India’s Top B Schools.
Important Highlights of MBA (Finance)
- The MBA Finance course will help you grasp a firm’s financial management elements and prepare you for the workforce.
- The course will cover access control, Finance, financial accounting, organizational performance, mergers, financial acquisitions, and other topics.
- The combination of management and finance topics can help you understand concepts such as financial report analysis, mergers, cultural developments, stock market analysis, and so on.
- The course will teach you how to comprehend an investing portfolio, how to manage risk and return, how to increase stock earnings, and much more.
- The program lasts two years and is divided into four semesters.
- After completing an MBA in Finance, candidates can pursue a career in Finance. For example, candidates might work as a financial analyst, risk manager, or other roles that pay INR 5-11 LPA.
Eligibility criteria for MBA (Finance)
Almost all institutions have similar qualifying standards for MBA finance admission, with a few exceptions in terms of the minimum percentage required, relaxations, and accommodations:
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university/college with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Top MBA finance schools may require an overall score of higher than 80%.
- Learners from the SC/ ST/ PWD backgrounds are given a 5% discount.
- Candidates in their final year are also allowed to apply if they present a no-objection certificate from their college.
- Some institutions (such as top IIMs, Harvard, and LBS) need at least 1-2 years of extra job experience in Finance, banking, or accountancy.
Future scope of MBA (Finance)
MBA in Finance is advantageous for students who want to thrive in the field of Finance and advance their careers. According to expert estimates, the banking and financial sector will employ 8.4 million people in the next 6-8 years.
According to real business, MBA Financial provides excellent opportunities in the finance industry, including IB Asset Management, Quantitative Research, IB Risk Management, Corporate Finance, and Finance Analyst.
Students who completed an MBA Finance program at IIM Ahmadabad were offered salaries ranging from INR 20,000 to 35,000 per month, with variable compensation ranging from INR 40,000 to 70,000 per month.
Credit Suisse India, Credit Suisse Singapore, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, HUL, Amazon, American Express, P&G, and many more top businesses hire MBA Finance applicants. Every year, each of the businesses above employs at least 5-8 MBA Finance applicants and offers them attractive deals such as INR 35,000 + 100% Variables or INR 50,000 + 100% Variables. The most important take away from this training is that there is no going back; once a candidate earns INR 40,000 as a fresher, their appraisal will always is higher.