- 1 Silica Sol investment Casting vs Sand Casting vs Water Glass Casting
- 1.1 Different 1: Concept different
- 1.2 Different 2:Casting surface quality and defects
- 1.3 Different 3: Specifications on unit weight and wall thickness differences
- 1.4 Different 4: Casting prices
- 1.5 Different 5 : Surface Finishing.
- 1.6 Different 6:Ease of design:
- 1.7 Share this:
- 1.8 Like this:
- 1.9 Related
Silica Sol investment Casting vs Sand Casting vs Water Glass Casting
Our foundry is located in Dongying Shandong. We can produce steel castings by the process of sand roll and Casting process, water methamphetamine shed, and silica sol preciseness project processes. They are besides the independent process of investment molding. however, some buyers or clients are silent confused about them. Or how to choose it as per their requirement. hera, we briefly introduce their differences, advantages, and disadvantages to help you have a reference
Different 1: Concept different
What is sand vomit, urine field glass roll, silica sol cast ? 1. sand casting process uses wet clay sand as the main modeling material, which is cheap.
2. The urine field glass investment cast march uses water glass quartz glass backbone as the molding fabric, which can stand temperature up to 1800 degrees, but it is more expensive than wet mud backbone. 3. The silica sol investment casting march uses silica sol zircon backbone as the molding substantial, which can stand temperatures up to 2000 degrees. This molding corporeal is very expensive. If you want to know each casting work ’ mho details, you can check each process subject page. WhatSand Casting is sandpaper casting ? What is water glass draw ? What is silica sol shed ( Investment Casting ) ?
Different 2:Casting surface quality and defects
1. Sand castings will have a very roughly surface, and more surface and inside defects. The followings are some photos to show the surface quality of steel castings made by the sand casting process. 2. Water glass investment castings have a lot better surface suavity, fewer come on and inside casting defects. The followings are some photos to show the surface quality of sword castings made by this process. 3. Silica sol investment castings have very effective surface quality, are identical polish, have very few surfaces, and have inside defects. The followings are photos of the steel castings made by this process.
Read more: $140M Bender Financial Services Joins Carson
Different 3: Specifications on unit weight and wall thickness differences
- Sand casting process can produce very heavy and very large steel castings, but it cannot be used to produce too small, too complex or very thin wall thickness castings.
2. investment roll can make casting smaller than 10b, while sand cast can not always make small and complex parts like investment cast. investment casting besides has restrictions on the size and system of weights made in sandpaper molding. The follow table could be a reference point to tell their remainder.
|Casting Process||Unit weight||size limitation||Complexity||Wall thickness|
|Sand casting||5 – 3000kg||0.1 – 3 meter||Not complex||>5mm|
|Water glass investment casting||0.1 – 100kg||0.01 – 0.5meter||Complex||>3mm|
|Silica sol investment casting||0.1 – 100kg||0.01 – 0.5 meter||complex||>1mm|
The trace photos are showing how complex the silica sol investment castings could make.
Different 4: Casting prices
The shape fabric costs have caused a identical large difference in their casting prices. The wet clay sand is identical bum, urine glass quartz sand is expensive, and silica sol zircon sandpaper is very expensive. The investment draw march constantly costs higher than backbone casting for the complexity and training needed. For example, the sandpaper casting unit price is 1.5 USD/kg, the water glass investment hurl will be 2.50 USD/kg, and the silica sol investment cast will be 6.5 USD/kg.
Different 5 : Surface Finishing.
Surface finish is another boastful remainder between investing cast and sand casting and Water glass investment vomit. investment hurl can create finished parts showing smooth surfaces and low tolerances under the work of blueprint. After removing the sprue gate and shot blast, the casting lacuna is the final examination part for delivery. The water glass draw has more clown come on than sand casting
With sandpaper cast, the model has to be split apart to release the final product. As a consequence, the farewell line will leave outside the complete partially. And due to the approximate sand, the coat of finished cast parts will be equally boisterous. So extra cost and fourth dimension will be required in secondary machine for removing the separate line and a more smooth surface.
Different 6:Ease of design:
In investment cast, ceramic shell mold is created using liquid slurry, so parts by investment hurl action can be made about any shape, giving engineers extraordinary exemption in their designs to add intricate features and complex shapes. For sand project parts, to come out of the sandpaper easily with less clash, they normally have to be tapered ( with draft angles ) or shaped. It ’ second besides a challenge for sandpaper casting to make parts with inner voids or cavities. Sand casting requires cores by rights shaped and inserted in the mildew to form the character ’ sulfur department of the interior. sometimes, respective cores may be needed, and it besides costs time to form and secure them within each mold.