- 1 LinkedIn Usage Statistics
- 1.1 1. There Are Nearly 800 Million Members on LinkedIn
- 1.2 2. LinkedIn Operates 33 Offices Worldwide
- 1.3 3. LinkedIn Has 16,000 Employees
- 1.4 4. LinkedIn Traffic Distribution
- 1.5 5. LinkedIn Audience Reach
- 1.6 6. LinkedIn Can Accelerate Your Career
- 1.7 7. LinkedIn User Growth Continues among the Working Population
- 1.8 8. Advertisers Can Reach More Men than Women on LinkedIn
- 1.9 9. LinkedIn is a Great Place to Find Decision Makers
- 1.10 10. 55% of Decision-Makers Use LinkedIn Content to Vet Organisations
- 1.11 11. Half of US Marketers Use LinkedIn
- 1.12 12. LinkedIn Goes Beyond Job Hunting and Listings
- 1.13 13. Socially Engaged Employees Help Drive Key Business Outcomes
- 1.14 14. LinkedIn Is a Business-Oriented Social Site
- 1.15 15. Average Time Spent on LinkedIn
- 1.16 16. LinkedIn Traffic Sources
- 1.17 17. 0.87% of LinkedIn Traffic is from Social Platforms
- 1.18 18. 88% of LinkedIn Users Have a Facebook Account
- 1.19 19. Mobile Users Constitute Over Half of LinkedIn Traffic
- 1.20 20. LinkedIn is a Great Recruitment Tool
- 1.21 21. LinkedIn Informs Career Decisions
- 1.22 22. When Should You Post on LinkedIn?
- 2 LinkedIn Demographics
- 2.1 23. US LinkedIn Usage by Demographic
- 2.2 Pew Research found that 28 % of adults in the US habit LinkedIn .
- 2.3 24. Global LinkedIn Demographics by Age
- 2.4 25. Global LinkedIn Demographics by Gender
- 2.5 26. US LinkedIn Demographics by Urbanity
- 2.6 27. US LinkedIn Demographics by Household Income
- 2.7 28. US LinkedIn Demographics by Employment Type
- 2.8 29. US LinkedIn Demographics by Race
- 2.9 30. LinkedIn Demographics by Companies
- 2.10 31. Distribution of the LinkedIn App Users in the US by Frequency
- 3 LinkedIn Marketing Statistics
- 3.1 32. B2B Marketers Consider LinkedIn Effective for Content Marketing
- 3.2 33. The Vast Majority of B2B Marketers Use LinkedIn for Content Marketing
- 3.3 34. LinkedIn is the Preferred Content Distribution Channel for B2B Marketers
- 3.4 35. LinkedIn is the Number One Choice for Professionals to Gather to Stay Connected and Informed
- 3.5 36. B2B Blogs and Websites Receive Most of Their Social Media Traffic from LinkedIn
- 3.6 37. Get 2X Buying Power from the LinkedIn Audience
- 3.7 38. LinkedIn is a Primary Market Growth Driver
- 3.8 39. LinkedIn Sales Navigator Leads to a +7% Higher Win Rate When Closing Deals
- 3.9 40. LinkedIn is the Top Choice for B2B Paid Content Marketing
- 3.10 41. Long-Form Content Performs Well on LinkedIn
- 3.11 42. Titles with Between 40 and 49 Characters Perform Best
- 3.12 43. The Optimal Number of Images in a LinkedIn Post is 8
- 3.13 44. Don’t Bother Embedding Multimedia in Your Posts
- 3.14 45. More Post Likes Lead to More Engagement
- 3.15 46. B2B Marketers Use LinkedIn to Generate Revenue
- 3.16 47. LinkedIn is a Great Channel for Brand Awareness and Sales
- 3.17 48. LinkedIn Contributes a Lot to the Buyer’s Journey
- 3.18 49. Posting on LinkedIn Increases Engagement
- 3.19 50. Including Images in LinkedIn Posts Increases Engagement
- 3.20 51. LinkedIn Offers a 10%-25% Response Rate for InMail
- 3.21 52. Top 10 Topics on LinkedIn
- 3.22 The last quarter of 2019 see Technology top the list of the top 10 topics engaging members on the platform. According to LinkedIn, the argue engineering topped the tilt could be because business and their managers consider grappling with engineering ‘s pace a major precedence .
- 3.23 53. LinkedIn Videos Are Effective
- 3.24 54. Richard Branson is the 2020 Top Influencer on LinkedIn
- 3.25 Conclusion
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
54 of the Most Important LinkedIn Stats for 2022:
LinkedIn Usage Statistics
1. There Are Nearly 800 Million Members on LinkedIn
closely 800 million users are on the professional net in more than 200 countries. The chopine is besides home to over 57 million companies. According to LinkedIn, their emergence rate is at two new members joining per second.
many LinkedIn Users Are in Europe Among the 800 million LinkedIn members, EMEA ( Europe, Middle East / Africa ) has over 206 million users. NAMER ( the North AMErican Region ) has over 202 million, with the United States having over 180 million, while the remaining members are from other countries and territories. The platform is available in 24 languages .
2. LinkedIn Operates 33 Offices Worldwide
LinkedIn operates nine offices in the USA. It has a foster 24 offices globally, from Amsterdam to Toronto to Sydney .
3. LinkedIn Has 16,000 Employees
LinkedIn has more than 16,000 full-time employees based in its offices across 33 cities global .
4. LinkedIn Traffic Distribution
LinkedIn gets the most traffic, about 31.98 %, from the US. The United Kingdom follows at 6.65 % and India at 6.42 % .
5. LinkedIn Audience Reach
The highest LinkedIn audience ad reach by country is american Samoa at 103.1 %. Clearly, some businesses must have accounts, and some people may operate two or more accounts. Bermuda follows at 102.8 % and Iceland at 94.6 %. The United States ranks seventh, with a 69.3 % reach .
6. LinkedIn Can Accelerate Your Career
once you join LinkedIn, each connection made introduces you to an average of 400 new people. You besides get access to more than 100 newfangled companies looking for your talent or skills and connections to 500+ jobs, on modal .
7. LinkedIn User Growth Continues among the Working Population
Your brand has a better find of reaching and connecting with working professionals on LinkedIn. Advertisers can now reach about 800 million users on LinkedIn .
8. Advertisers Can Reach More Men than Women on LinkedIn
Advertisers have a slightly higher prospect of reaching more men than women on LinkedIn. The Ad audience distribution is 56.6 % male and 43.4 % female .
9. LinkedIn is a Great Place to Find Decision Makers
As of belated 2021, the platform could claim to reach 65 million decision-makers. The platform allows you to reach and engage your prospects at the right clock and in the right context. You can well find customers through searching by either their name, situation or company. LinkedIn besides suggests other electric potential customers that you can target .
10. 55% of Decision-Makers Use LinkedIn Content to Vet Organisations
Post betroth and instructive contentedness on LinkedIn. 55 % of decision-makers use this contented to determine which organization to work with. 1 in 5 investors says it ‘s the best chopine when you want to learn about a subject .
11. Half of US Marketers Use LinkedIn
Marketers are increasingly viewing LinkedIn as a valuable market transmit. The partake of US marketers using LinkedIn increases slowly each year, blipping over the 50 % level in 2021 .
12. LinkedIn Goes Beyond Job Hunting and Listings
You can well set up a LinkedIn page for your occupation. Each business besides immediately has a “ My ship’s company ” check that offers every organization on LinkedIn a believe, employee-only space to help them join the conversations that matter most. Employees are 60 % more probable to engage with posts from co-workers and 14x more probable to share their organization ‘s Page capacity .
13. Socially Engaged Employees Help Drive Key Business Outcomes
LinkedIn inner data has discovered that engaged employees influence 8x more company Page views, 4x more party page followers, 7x more occupation views, and 4x more job applications .
14. LinkedIn Is a Business-Oriented Social Site
LinkedIn is the numeral one platform for Inc. 500 companies, according to inquiry by the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. They found that 87 % of the Inc 500 companies use LinkedIn to tell their stories, enroll, and network. Although this is down from LinkedIn ‘s 2016 bill, it is inactive higher than any early social network .
15. Average Time Spent on LinkedIn
According to SimilarWeb, LinkedIn received a total of 4.1 billion visits from September to November 2021. This consisted of 1.4 billion visits in September and October and 1.3 billion visits in November 2021. The average LinkedIn user spent 7 minutes and 12 seconds on the chopine, visiting 6.40 pages per visit .
16. LinkedIn Traffic Sources
LinkedIn gets 71.33 % direct traffic and 23.49 % from search. They get 99.45 % traffic from constituent search .
17. 0.87% of LinkedIn Traffic is from Social Platforms
LinkedIn gets the most social media dealings from YouTube at 33.33 %. other social sites directing traffic to LinkedIn include Facebook ( 27.89 % ), Twitter ( 13.58 % ), and WhatsApp ( 6.62 % ) .
18. 88% of LinkedIn Users Have a Facebook Account
We Are Social ( GWI ) found that most people have multiple sociable media accounts. indeed, only 0.3 % of LinkedIn users have that as their entirely platform. 88.4 % of LinkedIn users use Facebook. 78.3 % practice YouTube, while 82.5 % manipulation Instagram. If your audience is on LinkedIn, then they most likely are on these other sites as good. however, your social media scheme should entirely include platforms where your hearing is frequently active .
19. Mobile Users Constitute Over Half of LinkedIn Traffic
57 % of LinkedIn users access the platform from their mobile devices. You should, consequently, optimize your content on the platform for mobile. guarantee that your images and videos are besides optimized and can open without having to leave the chopine .
20. LinkedIn is a Great Recruitment Tool
There are more than 180 million uracil workers with profiles on LinkedIn. Ninety-seven thousand companies use it to recruit. LinkedIn besides allows its members to select from over 38,000 skills to showcase what they can do .
21. LinkedIn Informs Career Decisions
75 % of people who change jobs use LinkedIn to inform this decision. If you get an employee through LinkedIn, they are 40 % less probably to leave within the first six months .
22. When Should You Post on LinkedIn?
CoSchedule found that the best time to reach people on LinkedIn is when your target consultation is on a break during a workday. Those in B2C should post around noon, while B2B should post at 8 am, 10 am to noon, and 6 prime minister. The best day to post on LinkedIn, according to CoSchedule, is on Wednesday. OkDork has a different view regarding the best LinkedIn posting day. Their inquiry found Thursday to be the day most likely to generate views for your LinkedIn posts. amazingly, Wednesday was one of the worst days, and the weekend was sanely popular. This is one situation where you should experiment on your own consultation to discover which days they prefer for your posts .
23. US LinkedIn Usage by Demographic
Pew Research found that 28 % of adults in the US habit LinkedIn .
24. Global LinkedIn Demographics by Age
The largest old age group using LinkedIn global is adults aged between 25 – 34 at 59.2 %. The 18 to 24 long time group follows at 20.3 % .
25. Global LinkedIn Demographics by Gender
A Statista sketch of ball-shaped LinkedIn audiences by sex found that as of 2021, 56.6 % of LinkedIn audiences were males while 43.4 % were females .
26. US LinkedIn Demographics by Urbanity
Communications agency, We are Flint, sorted the total of LinkedIn users by urbanity and found that 44 % of internet users living in urban areas use LinkedIn. Those living in rural areas were at 27 % .
27. US LinkedIn Demographics by Household Income
When sorted by income, the highest phone number of United States LinkedIn users are those with an income of $ 100k and more at 60 %. Those with a family income of between $ 80k to $ 100k postdate at 50 % .
28. US LinkedIn Demographics by Employment Type
Edison Research found that 72 % of full-time employees in the US use LinkedIn compared to 10 % of those employed half-time. Students were at 5 %, while other users were at 13 % .
29. US LinkedIn Demographics by Race
Edison besides found that 64 % of whites in the US practice LinkedIn more than 16 % of Hispanics. african Americans were at 6 %, while others were at 14 %.
Read more: The Definitive List of the Best YouTube Channels for Stock Traders in 2022 – Hashtag Investing
30. LinkedIn Demographics by Companies
LinkedIn has 57 million company profiles on the platform. The platform is popular among both job seekers and companies. however, some of these party profiles result from LinkedIn automatically creating caller pages. They do this when a member adds an arrangement not on LinkedIn as part of their have on their profile .
31. Distribution of the LinkedIn App Users in the US by Frequency
merely 5.7 % of LinkedIn app users in the US are heavy users. They access the app two or three times a month. 51.5 % are inactive users .
LinkedIn Marketing Statistics
32. B2B Marketers Consider LinkedIn Effective for Content Marketing
B2B marketers use LinkedIn to forge relationships with professionals in their prey market. You can reach timbre leads for your business and grow your master network. It besides becomes easily to engage them with valuable subject. 82 % consider LinkedIn to be the most effective transmit for achieving contentedness market objectives .
33. The Vast Majority of B2B Marketers Use LinkedIn for Content Marketing
According to the Content Marketing Institute, 97 % of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as character of their subject commercialize efforts. This compares to Twitter ( 87 % ), Facebook ( 86 % ), YouTube ( 60 % ), and Instagram ( 30 % ) .
34. LinkedIn is the Preferred Content Distribution Channel for B2B Marketers
For 94 % of B2B marketers, LinkedIn is the first channel they use when they want to distribute content to respective social media sites .
35. LinkedIn is the Number One Choice for Professionals to Gather to Stay Connected and Informed
LinkedIn is where, by far, the largest number of professionals gather to stay connected and informed, advance their careers, and work smart. LinkedIn has :
- 46 million B2B decision-makers
- 17 million opinion leaders
- 6 million IT decision-makers
- 40 million mass affluent
- 10 million C-level white house
36. B2B Blogs and Websites Receive Most of Their Social Media Traffic from LinkedIn
B2B blogs and websites get 90 % of their social traffic from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. And LinkedIn drives half of this traffic .
37. Get 2X Buying Power from the LinkedIn Audience
LinkedIn offers quality leads as 4 out of 5 members on the platform are in charge of making commercial enterprise decisions. Compared to the average network audience, LinkedIn users have 2X buying ability .
38. LinkedIn is a Primary Market Growth Driver
approximately a fifth of the B2B digital ad spend in the US goes to LinkedIn, according to eMarketer. The platform besides has a fluid market share that ‘s on par with that of background. It ‘s, therefore, a capital platform to reach fluid buyers .
The LinkedIn sales navigator helps marketers target the right buyers, personalize their outreach, and understand key insights. It helps them get close up to the right people by finding the correct leads. Marketers who use it get +18 % more grapevine when finding customers. They besides get a +7 % higher winnings pace when close up deals .
40. LinkedIn is the Top Choice for B2B Paid Content Marketing
B2B marketers prefer LinkedIn for their paid content market. Most consider LinkedIn as the platform with the best contented market results .
41. Long-Form Content Performs Well on LinkedIn
OkDork found that the longer your posts are on LinkedIn, the better the results. Posts with discussion counts between 1900 and 2000 words performed better and got more engagement .
42. Titles with Between 40 and 49 Characters Perform Best
Another rule of OKDork ‘s research is that 40–49-character length titles receive the greatest total of post views overall .
43. The Optimal Number of Images in a LinkedIn Post is 8
possibly amazingly, posts with eight images receive the most views on LinkedIn by a considerable margin. You ca n’t underestimate the baron of a adept picture. For whatever rationality, posts with eight images receive well more views than those with seven or nine ( more than double ) and closely four times as many views as posts with a single persona. And do n’t even consider uploading a post to LinkedIn without any pictures, as very few people spend the time to view picture-less posts .
44. Don’t Bother Embedding Multimedia in Your Posts
deoxyadenosine monophosphate much as LinkedIn ‘s image likes images in the posts they read, they have little time for videos or other multimedia assets. While including multimedia is better than having no images, the data indicates that the inclusion of multimedia assets results in fewer military post views than merely including inactive images. not all statistics agree on this point, however .
45. More Post Likes Lead to More Engagement
OkDork besides found a correlation coefficient between the number of views and other LinkedIn metrics. According to the correlation data, more views equal more likes, shares, and comments .
46. B2B Marketers Use LinkedIn to Generate Revenue
B2B marketers have seen tax income increases by using LinkedIn. 43 % attributed their sales to LinkedIn, Facebook followed at 24 %, and Twitter at 20 % .
47. LinkedIn is a Great Channel for Brand Awareness and Sales
HubSpot found that social media is immediately the channel most used for marketing, ahead of websites, electronic mail market, content market, paid social, and indeed every other channel. unfortunately, this class HubSpot has n’t separated the social media networks out in their analysis. however, in 2018 they found LinkedIn to be one of the best channels for sales representatives who want to connect with prospects. however, companies entirely saw LinkedIn as the social media channel with the third-highest ROI in the latest HubSpot report, after Facebook and Instagram .
48. LinkedIn Contributes a Lot to the Buyer’s Journey
According to Demandbase, sociable media, peer reviews, and ads influence a buyer ‘s decision-making journey. 52 % of those surveyed said that LinkedIn had the biggest impingement during inquiry. They use it to browse existing discussions on products and ask for recommendations. They besides use it to connect with person leaders to get their public opinion on products .
49. Posting on LinkedIn Increases Engagement
Use LinkedIn to post content since organizations that post hebdomadally on LinkedIn can increase employment by 2X. Reshare posts when others mention your constitution on the chopine to drive more betrothal. You should besides use hashtags to reach a across-the-board audience .
50. Including Images in LinkedIn Posts Increases Engagement
Using images in your LinkedIn posts increases battle besides. Images typically result in a 2x higher comment rate. Custom visualize collages ( 3-4 images in one military post ) perform specially well for organizations. As we saw in an earlier point, use up to eight images in a post you share on LinkedIn .
51. LinkedIn Offers a 10%-25% Response Rate for InMail
According to LinkedIn, senders get a 300 % response rate from InMails compared to other e-mail or messaging platforms. You have a 10 % -25 % response find if you send messages to your prospects. InMail offers exclusivity, and the prognosis can click on your profile to learn more about you. They can besides learn about your products, solutions, connections, and recommendations .
52. Top 10 Topics on LinkedIn
The last quarter of 2019 see Technology top the list of the top 10 topics engaging members on the platform. According to LinkedIn, the argue engineering topped the tilt could be because business and their managers consider grappling with engineering ‘s pace a major precedence .
53. LinkedIn Videos Are Effective
Wyzowl found that 63 % of video marketers planned to include LinkedIn in their 2021 video commercialize strategy. This was polish slenderly from 2020 .
54. Richard Branson is the 2020 Top Influencer on LinkedIn
LinkedIn compiled a number of their 2021 top influencers, depending on the date they get on their content ( comments, shares, and likes ). They besides considered posting cadence and follower growth over time as parameters. early major influencers included Emmanuel Macron, Christine Lagarde, and Mohamed El-Erian .
These LinkedIn statistics can help you understand the platform and how most marketers use it. The insights can help you plan an effective LinkedIn market scheme. If you are so far to start using it, now is the time. Your competitors are on it, and you need to be where your aim audience and clients spend their time .
Frequently Asked Questions
Is LinkedIn popular?
LinkedIn is very popular. It boasts about 800 million users in more than 200 countries. In addition to these individual users, there are besides more than 57 million companies that have a profile on LinkedIn. What is even more impressive is that according to LinkedIn, every second, approximately two new members sign up to the platform .
Can you use LinkedIn for recruitment?
LinkedIn is an excellent recruitment creature. There are about 57,000 companies that use the platform to recruit, and more than 3 million jobs are posted monthly. What besides makes it a capital instrument for recruitment is that LinkedIn lets its members pick from more than 50,000 skills to showcase what they can do.
When is the best time to post on LinkedIn?
According to CoSchedule, the best time to reach people on LinkedIn is when your target hearing is enjoying a unwrap during a workday. For example, businesses in the B2C diligence should post around noon, while those in B2B can besides post at 8 am and 6 promethium in addition to noon. With regards to the best day of the week to post on this platform, CoSchedule found that posting on Wednesdays, although OkDork prefers Thursdays .
How long should your post on LinkedIn be?
The posts that perform the best on LinkedIn and get more date are between 1900 and 2000 words long. You can besides increase battle far by including images and ( possibly ) video recording in your LinkedIn posts .
Is InMail effective?
According to LinkedIn, senders can get a 300 % response rate from InMails compared to other electronic mail or message platforms. If you send messages to your prospects, you have a response find of 10-25 % .
Category : Investment experience